Sunday, November 22, 2009

"You spin me right round, baby, right round"....

First off SO SORRY it took me so long to do another post. She was bounced around so many times I wasn't sure what to say. It was a roller coaster for us so I was waiting til it stopped so you all wouldn't have to ride it too! They released mom to a rehab and when she was there they were doing her physical evaluation she was complaining of pain in the leg that wasn't hurt in the accident. They were concerned about a possible broken back, or nerve damage. Also she was still slurring her speech and not remembering things that she should so they sent her back to the hospital...but not the same one she was in before. She was there for two days waiting for an MRI then when they finally did get her in they only MRI-ed her head so she had to go in again for her back. On the first try they dropped her and ripped off her cast! So the ortho surgeon had to check her wrist to make sure that it was still OK and to recast it! What a circus! The MRIs where clean though, she does have some nerve damage in her back which they say is fixable just not right now. She is OK for rehab it will just take a little longer. Anyway now she is back at the original rehab and doing well. She has been in a wheel chair and sitting up in bed, which is huge when you've been on your back for 2 weeks! We are still hoping to get her closer to home later on, but for now she'll be there until we can finish her follow up appointments for her surgeries. So now your current and I promise to do better in the future! To make it up to you, I have a surprise......Straight from her rehab bed, sitting in an open back gown....

Hi all-
Glad to be back in the land of the living! Just a quick note...Thank you so much for the love, prayers and support for me and my family. The prayers are felt and much needed. My kids have told me about the blog but I haven't been able to see it yet. They have told me how great you all of have been and I look forward to reading the comments. I hope to be home soon and am working hard to get there. I'm thankful for my life, my family and friends, and especially my grand kids! Also my loving husband who has not left me for 2 weeks. Hope this finds you and your families well and I hope to see you soon.
Much Thanks!
Donna

13 comments:

The Logue Family said...

You and your family are amazing...I've been following your blog and am so glad when there is good news.
Good to see you are able to leave your own comments - in your "open back gown" ha-ha
You'll continue to be in our prayers.
Julie (Houston) Logue

stephanie said...

such great news.. i'm glad to hear she is settled and getting stronger each day. work hard donna :)

janece said...

WOW!! Such good news to read this morning!! My prayers are still with you for a speedy recovery so you can get home to those adorable grandkids!

Terrin said...

That is awesome!! Our prayers are with you and the fam. Get better soon Donna and hurry home cause it looks like you have a whole bunch of ppl who miss you like crazy!!!

The Mickelson Family said...

So glad you feel good enough to blog!! I was worried we weren't going to receive anymore but was pleasantly surprised to have Ren tell me to check it out. Beth read it to us at Bowler Elem and we all cried together. So grateful you are getting stronger. We too are looking for the day you will be able to come home. Love, thoughts and prayers always. Marie

watsit2u said...

We are glad to hear the progress is coming right along! Thoughts, prayers and service will continue! We send much love your way!

amy said...

So good to hear from the star of the blog!! I am so happy she is doing so much better. The prayers will continue to flow in her direction. And I think I'll start including prayers for the people who treat her so she won't be dropped any more, my goodness!! Thanks for the updated.
Much Love to You!
Amy

Slack Pack said...

So glad to hear that you're doing so well, aside from the open back gown (maybe they'll let you keep it as a souvenir), those are quite attractive! You're constantly in our thoughts and prayers!

Susan Ruth said...

we're so glad that you are feeling better, we hope that your recovery continues to go well and that you make a speedy and full recovery, we all have a lot to be thankful for this thanksgiving,you've got a great family tks to them for doing this blog so we can all be apart of your recovery, your always in our prayers keep smiling

The Mikk's said...

Are you amazed at how many people wait daily for your messages? Sorry we are such pains but thanks!Good news like this is what we've been waiting for (all except the being dropped and moved and...)Life is good and we love you all. Everythings onward and upward from here!We expect to see wheelies in the wheelchair by next week. (I guess if you can't do them one handed Janten or Bevan can step in)
Be good- we're with ya
Love
The Miks

The LeBaron's said...

So happy to hear the wonderful news! Jared and I look forward to more good news everday! We check the blog all the time, thank you for letting us be a part of your lives. I hear wheel chair racing is alot of fun.....had to pass the time somehow working night shift at the hospital! Much love!

Love
The LeBarons

Arikell said...

Hey guy i just want to say thank goodness that your ok!!! our family has directly seen bishop Reber preform miricals for our own family. i am so glad to see sister Reber doing so well! we all remember her in our prayers! and continue to do so until she make a FULL recovery!

River said...

cant wait till you are beter!!!!! :)